During peace and justice week we had a bunch
of people come over to have a letter writing party.
The letters were written to different higher powers
regarding social justice issues around the world.
Through Amnesty International there are tons of cases you
can choose to write on, plus they make it simple by giving you
a detailed background on the specific story, the address to send to,
of people come over to have a letter writing party.
The letters were written to different higher powers
regarding social justice issues around the world.
Through Amnesty International there are tons of cases you
can choose to write on, plus they make it simple by giving you
a detailed background on the specific story, the address to send to,
and what to/not say in your letter.
Still feeling passionate about Aung San Suu Kyi, I decided to write
Still feeling passionate about Aung San Suu Kyi, I decided to write
to the head of state in Burma for her immediate release.
These methods of change can sometimes make you feel
disscouraged when you wonder if your small voice really does make a difference.
Well i would like to think it does, and Amnesty International says it does work and that
one-third of all cases result in positive action...you just have to be persistent.
I'm going to have a letter writting party at my house when I come home for Christmas, all are welcome!
http://www.amnesty.ca/
Well i would like to think it does, and Amnesty International says it does work and that
one-third of all cases result in positive action...you just have to be persistent.
I'm going to have a letter writting party at my house when I come home for Christmas, all are welcome!
http://www.amnesty.ca/


No comments:
Post a Comment
yes i'm listening.