for my brother, forever ago.
Mother don't worry,
I killed the last snake that lived in the creek bed
Mother don't worry, I've got some money
I saved for the weekend.
Mother remember being so stern
with that girl who was with me?
Mother remember the blink of an eye
when I breathed through your body?
Mother I made it up from the bruise
on the floor of this prison.
Mother I lost it, all of the fear
of the Lord I was given.
Mother forget me now that the creek
drank the cradle you sang to.
Mother forgive me, I sold your car
for the shoes that I gave you.
Mother don't worry, I've got a coat
and some friends on the corner.
Mother don't worry, she's got a garden
we're planting together.
Mother remember the night that the
dog had her pups in the pantry?
Blood on the floor, fleas on their paws,
And you cried 'til the morning.
So may the sunrise bring hope
where it once was forgotten,
Sons are like birds,
flying always over the mountain.
-Samuel Beam
Mother don't worry,
I killed the last snake that lived in the creek bed
Mother don't worry, I've got some money
I saved for the weekend.
Mother remember being so stern
with that girl who was with me?
Mother remember the blink of an eye
when I breathed through your body?
Mother I made it up from the bruise
on the floor of this prison.
Mother I lost it, all of the fear
of the Lord I was given.
Mother forget me now that the creek
drank the cradle you sang to.
Mother forgive me, I sold your car
for the shoes that I gave you.
Mother don't worry, I've got a coat
and some friends on the corner.
Mother don't worry, she's got a garden
we're planting together.
Mother remember the night that the
dog had her pups in the pantry?
Blood on the floor, fleas on their paws,
And you cried 'til the morning.
So may the sunrise bring hope
where it once was forgotten,
Sons are like birds,
flying always over the mountain.
-Samuel Beam


No comments:
Post a Comment
yes i'm listening.