I turned 22, you know what that means..it is the end of the world!
just kidding. But if you ask me it does sound quite old. I loved the idea of being forever 21...can I even still shop there??or will I look like a cougar shopping at siblings or lasenza girl!!
That is a stupid question and of course I will still shop there but you get my point.
My friends threw me a surprise party which was madmen themed and complete with a variety of home made vegan cupcakes especially created by my cupcake connoisseur friend. It was lovely and I must say without a doubt I was surprised. The next night we kept our original plans and went out downtown to the reservoir lounge to have some martinis, mini pizzas and to dance of course. It is my favorite place to go out because it isn't a sleazy bar...it's a cool jazz bar with live music, brick walls, and great drinks. I forgot to mention the box full of lovely letters my best friend from the west coast sent me, there is one for everyday from my birthday until she gets home. I can't imagine how long it took her to craft such a wonderful gift, she is sweeter than sweet. The best part about having two birthday parties was getting dressed up two nights in a row.
Birthdays are a tricky thing, you want to have all your friends together to celebrate with you but I always feel shy about asking people to come. There is something about it that makes you feel vain, you want all your friends to be there but you don't want to ask them because who wants to throw their own party? so you want other people to plan something for you so you don't feel shy but you would never ask something like that because that in turn would also make you feel shy about the matter. Does that make sense?
Thank you to all my sweet friends who spent my 22nd with me.
Monday, January 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment
yes i'm listening.