Yesterday felt like spring, it was so nice that I decided to put my homework on hold for the fourth day in a row (this online stuff is not working for me). With such a nice day upon us the boy and I decided to take a looong drive in country where we stumbled upon a public farm type village, there were plenty of cars in the parking lot and I predicted we would be able to get some hot apple cider inside the barn, so we decided to check out what was going on. We entered the barn and it only took a few moments for me to realize what was happening, turns out we were in the midst of some frenzied and competitive wedding planning by blissfully engaged couples. It was a wedding expo where dj's, jewelers, caterers and rentals were being marketing to the masses.
Since I hadn't eaten anything all day it looked like a good time to play pretend and act like we were engaged, if only to eat the food of course. So we ate the free catered food and walked around hand in hand pretending to be interested in what each booth was selling whilst maintaining our distance and avoiding all eye contact for fear of the question "when is YOUR wedding date". The genius boy came up with the line "we haven't decided on a date yet" in case we were caught and shooed out of there.
We went over to the place where the wedding ceremonies were supposed to take place and I started to get really girly and into it..."oooooh and this is where the boy stands!...ooooh and this is where the girl walks down the isle". That was until I saw the boys face and realized he was starting to have a panic attack! I quickly apologized for getting carried away and reminded him that I am in no way pressuring him and the last thing I would ever want to do is make him feel uncomfortable, that I was just having fun. I think I fell more head over heals with him when he responded with...
"no its not the commitment that is making me panic and uncomfortable, I just hate that there is a pole in the middle of the isle...I don't care if the girl gets to decided 99.9% of the wedding, all the guy wants is to be able to fully see her walking down the isle and that fucking pole is in the way".
We laughed, stole another cupcake and left the pole and the blissfully engaged couples behind.


No comments:
Post a Comment
yes i'm listening.