Rachel McAdams in Elie Saab.
Nicole Richie in a Reem Acra gown.
Elizabeth Banks in Versace
Diane Kruger in Chanel.I was going to start this post by saying that there weren't many dresses last night that blew me away, but now that I have compiled my favorites I am realizing that there was plenty more pretty going on last night then I had originally intended to give credit for. Its just that I was so focused on what was missing, did anyone else feel it to? I am talking about Hollywood starlets the way I remember them. The whole evening I was looking for Nicole Kidman, Naomi Watts, Gwyneth Paltrow, Cate Blanchette, Charlize Theron and Julia Roberts but to my dismay the evening seemed more focused on celebs like Miley and the Twilight Saga. I know, I know-these women didn't star in any major film this year, and yes they still were invited as I did catch a fleeting glimpse of a few of them. So what is my problem? Maybe I was just in a foul mood because I was on day 5 of my liquid food diet a la tonsillectomy and I am STARVING. Ah well, I guess we grow up and so does Hollywood.
This is all not to say that I am not excited to see what kind of actresses this new generation will turn into. As mentioned in another post I am head over heals for the lovely Carey Mulligan, I love Rachel McAdams with reckless abandon (plus she is so classy I would categorize her as "old Hollywood" anyways) and I would die to have Nicole Richie's black sparkly gown. Speaking of the gowns..I love that many of the women decided to go with ruffles! What better way to welcome spring with a few (or a lot- you can never go wrong) of delicate feminine ruffles! I love love love them. All in all the Oscars red carpet walk is something you never want to miss.





No comments:
Post a Comment
yes i'm listening.