I will have poetry in my life,
and adventure, and love.
Love above all.

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Paris, i think i'll call you home.

I am in love.
Paris far outweighed my expectations, which were very high to begin with.
Four days was not a sufficient enough amount of time to spend in the city i have been dreaming about for years, but I suppose that means I should just go back as soon as possible.
I'm okay with that.

On our way to the city I moved up to the front of the bus to sit with the bus driver just so I could catch the first glimpse of the city as we entered. The entire time I was on the edge of my seat with my heart pounding. When we finally saw just the tip of the Eiffel Tower I flipped out. My screams and even tears either seriously irritated everyone on the bus, or got them more excited, either way I want to thank them for putting up with me and my constant enthusiasm and letting me fawn over every monument or piece of art that I have been anticipating for...well my whole life.

There is so much to say but not enough Internet time, for now it will have to suffice to say that I loved every moment of my time in Paris, but if I can have one negative thought I would say that I was extremely disturbed by the Mona Lisa at the Louvre. Not by the painting but by the crowds around her. She was surrounded by hoards of people pushing and shoving their way to the front to get a picture with "the famous painting", even though they may or may not know why she is famous. I felt terrible for her, it was almost like she was trapped and people were stealing everything from her. Yes that does sound a bit over dramatic, but that is the impression it left me with.

My favorite part of Paris is Pont des Arts, where the youth and artists of Paris sit to drink wine and watch the sun set. We did this of course and then walked to the lit up Eiffel Tower and laid in the grass and drank more wine.

Drinking wine, watching the sun set, bright pink macaroons, and sitting under the Eiffel tower till late into the night...How will I ever find contentment in the world again after Paris? I don't even care that the cobblestones literally ate my feet from all the walking I did, I just want to go back already.

1 comment:

  1. Oh paris, c'est maqnifique unique! I wish i can go soon, lucky you girl!

    ReplyDelete

yes i'm listening.