I will have poetry in my life,
and adventure, and love.
Love above all.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Bachelorette of the Arts


I forgot to mention! I graduated from University! After writing a million papers, reading a zillion books, and traveling to fourteen different countries I got my degree in International Studies and Literature. The weekend of graduation flew by and in usual Cara fashion, I didn't say goodbye to anyone. I hate saying goodbye, I would rather leave first than to watch everyone crying and reminiscing over the past four years. Of course I regret that now. Since my class was so small we had the opportunity to each get up and say a speech about our four years at school. Unfortunatly, I only slept a sad 4 hours during the whole weekend so I couldn't think of what to say, or even if I wanted to say anything at all. All day I was panicking with anxiety over just the right words to say, yet of course once I got up on that stage I threw away my poorly written speech and spoke off the top of my head.... I couldn't shut up.
My experience at this particular school wasn't much like the rest of my fellow classmates. I didn't want to get up there and rant and rave about how much I loved going to a small school, living in a small town and having a name instead of a number...because it wasn't true. I did want to mention how grateful I was to travel the world, study tirelessly, gain a best friend and meet my boyfriend.
Noah also had to make a speech introducing our alumni speaker that weekend. His was much more polished than mine, although I do believe we both made our audiences sick with obvious gushing about each other. I don't remember a word I said (except thanking Noah's mom for giving birth to him), but everyone laughed the entire time so I think it turned out alright.


No comments:

Post a Comment

yes i'm listening.