I will have poetry in my life,
and adventure, and love.
Love above all.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

paris photo diary.

How do I even begin to write about the most incredible trip I have ever been on? A part of me wishes that I blogged while I travelled Europe back in August with Noah, but I wanted to live fully everyday without taking breaks for my computer. Plus, there is something so lovely about disconnecting yourself from the regular world, for a short time at least. Especially when you're in Paris, freshly engaged (yahoooo) and have a whole week to explore the city! We got to see "Washed Out", a show at Moulin Rouge (which was fantastic and well worth the money), a day trip to Versailles and frolic around the city as we pleased. Last summer I went to Paris with my friends and I loved every moment of it, buuuut we were camping and I told myself "next time I come back here I want to be with the man I love and sleep on white sheets rather than in a tent". I never thought I would be so lucky that it would come true the very next summer AND that I would get engaged on our apartment balcony overlooking the eiffel tower! I know I sound disgusting and mushy, but how often does this kind of thing happen?! not often enough I say...







Sacre Coeur was right behind the apartment that we rented.
Macaroons, yes please.
Noah singing Moulin Rouge songs.
Montmartre where we were staying.

the most beautiful view from our balcony.
our sweet apartment was at the very top.


favourite place in the whole world.

classic snacks on the balcony.
getting ready to go out for the night.
climbing the eiffel tower a few hours before we got engaged.

my lovely oval diamond engagement ring!





loving my ring.

versailles.
vandals on the train back from versailles.
ice cream on ile saint-louis.
incredible view from the roof of the pompidou.
arc de triomphe.






pont des arts.
our lock of love.
Throwing our lock keys into the river.

The last night watching the eiffel tower light up on our balcony.


No comments:

Post a Comment

yes i'm listening.