The lovely miss Annie Webber whose currently doing an enviable internship at "She Does The City" wrote a piece about the Dove Campaign for Real Beauty.
The Dove campaign has some pretty cool videos on their site that show how much the media messes with our minds when it comes to beauty. I know we all fall trap to it at times, but I think it is about finding a good balance between adoring fashion and beauty and not letting it control you.
I am so proud of Annie, she is so clever and sweet and funny and beautiful in every way.
I was one of the girls she interviewed, but there was a little mistake that I must correct...I am not 20 nor do I wish to ever venture back into that horrible year.
Also I do not go to the University of New Brunswick, but that's alright, it happens.
My school is so small and no one has ever heard of it anyways.
But the rest of it is true! My mother is my beauty role model and I do hate my thighs.
So there..read it and enjoy and check back to She Does the City often because they generally have interesting articles and ideas.
http://shedoesthecity.com/scribble/2009/11/24/love_today_the_dove_survey#comments
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment
yes i'm listening.