I will have poetry in my life,
and adventure, and love.
Love above all.

Saturday, November 21, 2009

one golden afternoon.

"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?"
I cannot wait for Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland to come out!
It looks fantastic as per usual Burton style.
I believe it will be in theaters March 5th 2010.
This past summer I read a great book called
"The Lives of the Muses: Nine Women and the Artists they Inspire" by Francine Prose.
I've always loved the idea of a muse, clearly it is the greatest compliment someone could receive..to be someones muse that is.
The relationship between the artist and his muse is so interesting, I would recommend this book to anyone.
The book covered the English writer Samuel Johnson and Hester Thrale,
George Balanchine and ballerina Suzzane Farrell,
photographer Man Ray and Lee Miller,
painter Salvador Dali and his wife Gala Dali,
photographer Edward Weston and Charis Weston,
Nietzsche, Rilke and Freud and Lou Andreas-Salome,
painter Dante Gabriel Rossetti and Elizabeth Siddall,
John Lennon and Yoko Ono,
and of course Lewis Carroll and Alice Liddell.

Lewis Carroll wrote "Alice in Wonderland" for 7 year old Alice Liddell on what he called "one golden afternoon".
He also was a photographer and loved to take pictures of her...needless to say there has been a lot of controversy over their relationship and whether it was appropriate or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

yes i'm listening.