I will have poetry in my life,
and adventure, and love.
Love above all.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

i want to leave but the world won't let me go.

Last night I watched "Contact" yes the 1997 Jodie Foster movie...I think Kristen Stewart is the new Jodie Foster but that is a completely different thought.
Anyways there is a point to this, and a pattern I might add.
The evening before I watched "Armageddon", the one before that "I am Legend" aaaand the night before that "Deep Impact".
I have a sudden fascination with the end of the world/sci fi movies. I am dyeing to see "2012", needless to say that won't be happening for another few weeks, until I am back in Ontario.
What is the draw to these movies? I have no idea but they are so interesting and scary and plus who hasn't had at least a few reoccurring dreams about the end of the world? okay maybe it's just me.

Perhaps it is watching all of humanity in chaos when they realize that there is nothing more to live for. They stop paying taxes, rob stores or commit suicide. The smart ones stay with the people they love (in Deep Impact Sarah's parents hold each other while the rest of the crowd ran by them screaming for their lives!!! awwwwww)
It makes me wonder what I would do if I knew the world would explode in mere days.

Or maybe it's just a representation of how I am feeling these past few weeks.
It's that awful time of the semester when everything is coming to a close and every paper is due at the exact same moment, yup WW3.
These films help me wind down after a full day of classes, coffee and paper writing...Ha! Maybe I should stick to yoga.

Either way they are equally entertaining with equally bad acting (those made in the 90's that is) with the exception of I am Legend and my personal favorite War of the Worlds.
Fight me if you want, but I love em.

hmm so whats it going to be tonight...Independence Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

yes i'm listening.