I will have poetry in my life,
and adventure, and love.
Love above all.

Monday, February 15, 2010

bold as love.


oooh Valentines day how I adore you,you are my absolute favorite holiday, why must you be only once a year? isn't that strange? how yesterday was valentines day-the day to celebrate the people you love, today is family day-the day you celebrate your family, and then of course there is mothers day, fathers day ect. Are we really so busy that we only get one official day to celebrate such relationships? I think we could all use at least a couple Valentines days (and Christmas's!!) a year. I spent the weekend being spoiled by what we like to call "date night every night" which is exactly how it sounds. To top off the weekend was a surprise John Mayer concert which never really was a surprise because Shirley Sherlock here can figure out any surprise her boy will plan for her before he even knows he is planning it! it is true! One thing I missed out on was making Valentines and sending them to friends. There was nothing like those early Valentines days in elementary school when each kid had a giant envelope at the end of their desk and we would all come to school in our little uniforms with our handcrafted valentines, hearts on our sleeves and treats to fill our classmates envelopes. Valentines day has always been the best excuse to eat too many treats, which has left me feeling sicker than sick today. So lying in bed with candy belly all I can do is call up a few friends to chat.I called one of my best mates who lives out on the west coast to talk about love and divorce and science. She always has the most interesting scientific analogies to explain everyday life (She is an evolving scientist/brain surgeon), today's fact she gave me I thought I would share.....
Did you know!? that women on the pill are more attracted to males who have a similar MHC complex (I don't even know what that is, only that it has something to do with DNA and immunity)as us...because we can SMELL this MHC on them...and apparently this is causing generations to have more immunity deficiencies. If we weren't on the pill we would be more attracted (again by smell) to men who had opposite MHC complex than us, resulting in a stronger immunity. I just wanted to share that because it is interesting and my friend is smart so I felt like showing her off, and it is alarming that we could be attracted to someone because of a tiny little pill.

1 comment:

  1. WOW that did you know bit, kinda creepy :| LOL

    lots of love,
    Katie
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

yes i'm listening.