I will have poetry in my life,
and adventure, and love.
Love above all.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

mad women

Betty Draper

Joan Holloway

Peggy Olson



My new la la la looove is the tv show "Mad Men". It only took me a few days to finish the first season and now I am on to the next. I have never found a show that has made me feel so uncomfortable yet I can't stop watching. The racism and sexism in the show makes me angry and uneasy, but I think it does a good job at showing what it was really like in the 60's upper class, specifically on the Upper East side of Manhattan. These women make staying at home seem like a nightmare, and the men make me feel like marriage will eventually cease to exist. Either way this show is highly entertaining and interesting to say the least. The men seem to be in charge but clearly it is the women who make this show and who are obviously in charge-with their manipulative behaviour, another reason why it is so uncomfortable but entertaining to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

yes i'm listening.